All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

2004 Crossfire Electrical Issue

Old 02-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2004 Crossfire Electrical Issue

I won't be able to do this until tomorrow. In one of the post I thought I read about removing Fuse 9 inside the car for the lighting. They said the interior lighting would not come on but doing all the other steps would allow the system to reset and possible start the car. I will do as you requested and publish the results afterwards.

Thank you for your help

Old 02-05-2020, 07:09 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

FUse 9 in the Illumination module feeds the fog lamps. (Well, in 2005 it did, I know they moved things around a bit over the years.)
If you want to see of powering something down fixes it, yank the battery ground cable off the battery post for 20 seconds. That "pulls" every fuse in the car, and yes, from time to time THAT gets a car running - scary, isn't it?

Old 02-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by franklindm
GraphiteGhost,

Thank you for your reply. I may be ignorant of how to properly search the forum for information and help, but I am not stupid as you seem to indicate in your post.

I was fortunate to have found this forum some time ago and use it when we encounter problems before we take or car to anyone for service. I an more technically challenged than most of your members as I don't have the knowledge that many of you have achieved over the years; but I sincerely appreciate the vast experience this forum provides.

Franklindm

Sorry you got from my post that I thought you were stupid. Factually speaking, even technically challenged (your words) members have EASILY fixed their cars with a few SIMPLE orderly troubleshooting tips from the forum. These tips saved members GOBBS of money. HISTORICALLY, taking these cars to a dealership is a HUGE mistake, and you know that. I'll sit back and watch you battle it out from afar, we'll see if you get it fixed, part it out, or trade it in. Meanwhile, let the members know how much (total) you spent relying on a dealership, and if you got it fixed by them or not. Deal?

Old 02-07-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Sorry you got from my post that I thought you were stupid. Factually speaking, even technically challenged (your words) members have EASILY fixed their cars with a few SIMPLE orderly troubleshooting tips from the forum. These tips saved members GOBBS of money. HISTORICALLY, taking these cars to a dealership is a HUGE mistake, and you know that. I'll sit back and watch you battle it out from afar, we'll see if you get it fixed, part it out, or trade it in. Meanwhile, let the members know how much (total) you spent relying on a dealership, and if you got it fixed by them or not. Deal?

Graphite Ghost,

Please do not sit back and watch, I appreciate your concerns and your experience with these cars. The dealer did get the car running yesterday by reprogramming something through the diagnostic port on the car. Of course there is not telling when it could fail again. The things I am learning about this car are invaluable. My wife loves this car and would if she could pay just about anything to keep it running. The dealer charged us for 2 hours of labor coming to $390.00. At this time she won't let me touch anything until it fails again. Still I will do those thing that have been suggested by you and PizzaGuy and all who have had input that do not require me to make any changes like checking for water in the sump. I always respect the knowledge and support from the members of this forum. Thank you

Old 02-07-2020, 04:58 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

It would be nice if they gave you a little more detailed info of what they did. It might help us help you if it happens again. Shared experiences are wht keeps this forum amd our Crossfires running.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

The dealer did get the car running yesterday by reprogramming something through the diagnostic port on the car.
I have a problem with that explanation. But then, it IS a dealer.

Old 02-08-2020, 02:34 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

pizzaguy,

The starter does not engage.

After reading the posts in the SKREEM section I have gathered the following items to check. 1. check for water in the lower trunk, remove the foam liner. 2. Disconnect the battery, disengage the Siren Alarm in the Cowel, remove Fuse 9 inside the driver's door fuse box and reconnect the battery. Am I correct with the location of Fuse 9?

Thank you for the additional information.

franklindm
Why not write down all the problems, do not add your opinion as to the cause of your problems.
You have explained over a number of posts what they are and frankly to me they are confusing.
You are seeing solutions and I think you have confused yourself.
Sit back and refresh us with the problems.
You mention SKREEM and the air pump in the trunk together, they have no connection at all. A car with a bad air pump will run just fine except some features will not work, like the remote door locking, lights staying on for a few seconds etc.
Do not get touchy, GG never said you were stupid. Confuse us and one by one people will not answer.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:30 PM

I have questions about the skreem modular my number 706 814 8376

Old 11-19-2022, 12:16 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickyreece
I have questions about the skreem modular my number 706 814 8376
Just write out your questions here.

Old 11-19-2022, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by JSK
Just write out your questions here.
I wrecked one car but it still runs perfect. I bought another same model car that doesn’t run and is missing a lot of the components.
if I take the screem and all of the computer components out of the wrecked car and put into the other same model car will it work?

Old 11-19-2022, 09:19 AM

When scanned, the VINs will not match.

Old 11-19-2022, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
When scanned, the VINs will not match.
but will it run?

Old 11-19-2022, 05:15 PM

I suggest you contact Josh Chase at MSS (Mercedes Swap Shop) for specifics.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by bc75
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-VhH4usWUc&t=632s. This will show how to remove. I have found a place in Florida that repairs them from another member. I don't remember who. https://mdp-services.com/crossfire-solutions
Where can I buy a new one?

Old 11-20-2022, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rickyreece
Where can I buy a new one?

Ricky, first welcome to the crossfire forum. The membership here helps us fix our cars, after a little back and forth to find out what the issue is. What makes you think it is the SKREEM module? There are quite a few issues that can keep the car from starting so having a few details about what it isn't and is doing when you try to start the car. In answer to your question, the SKREEM is VERY EXPENSIVE (if you can find someone who can sell you a new one). If the SKREEM is damaged there are a few places you can go to that repairs/reprograms OR bypasses it (provided the rest of the car is essentially complete and wired right). Again, most want to make sure the SKREEM is damaged before making the mistake of throwing parts at it but it sounds like there are a few more things missing. As it sits, it seems you wrecked your crossfire, but you have a partially parted car you want to get on the road. Is this correct? Please elaborate with more details, and maybe a few pictures if the dash or major items are missing.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:46 AM

You might read post #50 ?

Old 11-20-2022, 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=GraphiteGhost;974039] Ricky, first welcome to the crossfire forum. The membership here helps us fix our cars, after a little back and forth to find out what the issue is. What makes you think it is the SKREEM module? There are quite a few issues that can keep the car from starting so having a few details about what it isn't and is doing when you try to start the car. In answer to your question, the SKREEM is VERY EXPENSIVE (if you can find someone who can sell you a new one). If the SKREEM is damaged there are a few places you can go to that repairs/reprograms OR bypasses it (provided the rest of the car is essentially complete and wired right). Again, most want to make sure the SKREEM is damaged before making the mistake of throwing parts at it but it sounds like there are a few more things missing. As it sits, it seems you wrecked your crossfire, but you have a partially parted car you want to get on the road. Is this correct? Please elaborate with more details, and maybe a few pictures if the dash or major items are missing.

.[/QUOTE The car I bought did not have a screen modular in it. So I took the one out of the car I wrecked. And tried it in the other car and then it would start but go dead.

Old 11-21-2022, 05:12 PM

[/QUOTE The car I bought did not have a screen modular in it. So I took the one out of the car I wrecked. And tried it in the other car and then it would start but go dead.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I can't help you with this issue. There are a few folks here that can suggest some options. Do a search on SKREEM issues, might find some help there while you wait for other members to help. Good luck!